WORK TOWARD A BETTER FUTURE.
Business Development Manager
Malaika Healthcare Limited
Almost every Kenyan turns to a local clinic for their healthcare needs. There are thousands of informal clinics across the country. While affordable, these clinics reside in a disorganized market rife with substandard training and counterfeit medication. Although quality clinics exist, they are financially beyond the reach of the majority. This acute shortage of affordable, quality care is a big challenge in Kenyan healthcare today. Malaika was created to address this opportunity. Our offering is unique: simple, inexpensive clinics that deliver high quality care through outpatient consultation and diagnostic and pharmacy services. In partnership with respected names in healthcare, We deliver quality – affordability and profitability to all Malaika stakeholders: our patients, our doctors and the communities we serve.
Position Description: The position is a mid level position that is ideal for a capable, committed individual who wants to roll up his / her sleeves and dive right in to the work Malaika is doing. You will be working along with senior management, help them come up with effective communication and branding for Malaika is also part of this role. It’s a few different roles in one, perfect for a hard worker who is seeking an opportunity at an exciting start up company in the healthcare space. This role requires someone who doesn’t only stick to their responsibilities but comes up with innovative ideas, and solutions to existing issues being faced in the company. Malaika Healthcare is a start up and there is a lot of opportunity within the company to take the initiative and get involved with new projects.
- Working closely with the Directors to support programs and initiatives at clinics with specific focus on adding value in the long term.
- Leading the Business Development by proposing a strategy, managing the resources, budget, impact and focusing on results and revenue.
- Working with stakeholders externally to enhance the Malaika brand through enhancing brand and communication strategies.
- Working with our on ground staff at Clinics to understand their marketing requirements at an individual clinic level. Interacting closely with customers to understand who is Malaika’s customer, what their health care requirements are and how Malaika can bridge these gaps in services available.
- Managing and coordinating on ground marketing initiatives, including collection of survey information, feedback etc.
- Creating presentations on targets, impact measurement, goals for the entire marketing team for regular reviews with senior management.
- Following up with Insurance partners for new contracts and payments
- Innovation of new products and marketing strategies to maintain competitive edge
Must have completed an undergraduate degree program
Must have at least 2 – 3 years of prior experience in marketing, business development, human resources. Having worked for a start up and or the healthcare industry in any capacity will be a plus
Should have excellent written and oral communication skills, should be comfortable representing Malaika Healthcare at National level conferences, Round Table events.
Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through with a focus on producing the highest quality product possible.
Familiarity with Excel, Power Point, Word and an ability and interest in learning on the job
Maturity, excellent interpersonal skills.
Enthusiasm for Malaika’s mission and business model, and respect for the organization’s core.
Values: Affordability, Compassion, Quality
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Compensation: Malaika Healthcare is offering a competitive salary for this position, commensurate with experience.
Reporting Structure: This role reports directly to the Director . It involves working extensively with other teams and being accountable for the vertical’s budget, resources, team, programs and impact.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “ Application for Business Development Manager” in the subject line.